Some of the most effective treatment options for flu are antiviral drugs. Such drugs can lessen the symptoms and help shorten the time of the individual of suffering from this kind of illness by 1 or 2 days. It can prevent serious flu complications as well such as pneumonia.
Here are some safety precautions that you need to know if you have flu:
- To protect the people around you, especially your family, limit contact with them as much as possible to keep them from any infections.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze and cough.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Disinfect objects and surfaces that may be contaminated with germs.
- Stay home until you are better.